Project My Way - Episode One Remake

I now have a much greater respect for the time frame that the Project Runway designers work under. It was a challenge to decide what to do and then to figure out how I was going to do it. I clearly saw what I was going to remake and exactly how it was going to look. Surprise! I had to rethink what I was going to use because my first option did not work out.
I also see why they are sequestered. It is really hard to concentrate on getting something done and getting it done quickly when you have other things to take care of.
Alysen will be posting her remake a bit later.
This challenge was to make something inspired by New York City.
Here is my Project My Way Episode One remake:

This was my inspiration
Jacket before
Pants before




Finished outfit
Here's what I did:
I started with a loose fitting black velvet jacket. I marked the waist and cut it off leaving 1/2 inch for a seam allowance. I took in the sides of the top part of the jacket. To make it a bit more fitted, I added a pleat at the back and each side. I divided the bottom portion of the jacket that had been cut off into quarters. I chalked these lines so I could do the gathering later. I reattached the bottom part evenly distributing the excess fabric. I then serged this to the top part.
I took two strands of embroidery floss and gathered on the chalk lines I made earlier. I secured the floss at the waist. Two snaps were sewn at the waist.
I added shoulder pads and shortened the sleeves.
I took in the pants at the inseam and outer seam.

I am now on to my episode 2 remake. The challenge was to make outfits for a ping pong club
 owned by Susan Sarandon. The winner was a uniform for the female servers.
Here is the project Runway winner:



You can see more of Project Runway at www.mylifetime.com/shows.project-runway.
Alysen and I will be selling our Project My Way outfits at ww.etsy.com/shop/ChicChixnChampagne.

Ciao for now,
Peggy

Comments

Post a Comment