Prayer Flag Day Seven

Day seven finds me pondering the word INTENTION.
Please allow me to get the negative out first. Yes, I sometimes do intend to be sarcastic.
If someone does something that they know you won't have a good reaction to, is it their "intention" to aggravate you?
Do you wake up each day with the intention to make it your best so far? Or, do you wake up and grumble because it is too early, you don't want to go to work, etc?
Does organized religion support intent? Are prayers intention? I think the answer to both are yes.
I also think that it is not just words and thought that hold intention. There is the language of flowers. Herbs are not only for spicing up our food. They have color and scent that can alter our attitude or health.
Intention can be put forth in letters and numbers also. If I recall correctly, Hebrew letters not only help to create words, but stand on their own as numbers. Each letter is assigned a number so each word can not only define something, but has a number value. These number can symbolize something. For example the numbers for the word C'hai (which means life) has a number value of 18. For example, if you wanted to make a donation to a charity you might make an $18, $36 or $72 donation. Eighteen meaning "Life" and the other two being multiples of 18.
I think intention might be one of the easier words to keep front and center. Now, I just need to work on keeping my "intent" positive!

Ciao for now,
Peggy



Comments

Post a Comment