Prayer Flags Day Seventeen

FRIENDSHIP! My word for today.
The first thing that comes to mind for me when I see "friendship" is a Facebook post I saw a while back. It was something along the line of a "good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will be sitting beside you saying  "man, that was great".
I think I choose friends who are a combination of the two above. They are willing to tell me when I am out of line, but are wild and crazy.
Another saying that comes to mind is a Girl Scout song that says, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold".
Can family be friends also? Is all family a friend?
Do you need to have a certain number of friends or are a few good friends a better idea?
Once a friendship is broken can it be fixed? Will it ever be the same?
I find that my best friends are those who I either talk to on a regular basis or we go weeks or months with talking, but when we do talk it is as if no time has passed.
I am so grateful for friends, past and present. Those I still talk to and those who are no longer here to be able to talk to.

Ciao for now,
Peggy


Comments