Musings

I have a confession to make.
I AM A PROJECT RUNWAY ADDICT.
Except for Downton Abbey, Project Runway is the only program I have watched from the beginning. My addiction is so bad that I will watch the past seasons when there are no new episodes. Even though I have seen them numerous times, know who wins, etc.
For a while now, I have wanted to recreate my own garment following the guidelines the designers had. I have a few dozen dyed coffee filters that I was going to use to recreate the Dollar Store challenge from a couple of seasons ago. Needless to say I didn't carry through with my challenge. But now........
Alysen and I are challenging each other to recreate the season 13 looks in recycled materials. Our challenge is to review the show on Friday/Saturday (for those who don't know, Al is in Paris which is 9 hours ahead of California) and then have our garment/s done and posted by the following Wednesday/Thursday. We are also striving to do the look in plus size, which we believe is a much under served group.
We are encouraging folks to join us on this challenge. If you are interested, please leave a comment or e-mail us at 3chicchix@gmail.com. Depending on feedback, we may have folks vote on the winning design and offer prizes.
So, tune into the Lifetime channel on Thursday, January 24th (check local listings for time) or view the episode online on Friday (query project runway season 13).
 For those in the LA area, I will probably have my garments on display at the Long Beach 2nd Saturday Art Walks (www.artwalklb.com).
Here are a couple of photos from the January 2nd Saturday:

Our booth

A budding artist and grandma's self appointed fashion advisor
 
 
Have a great week and please check back to see our Project Runway creations.
Ciao for now,
Peggy

 

Comments