Prayer Flags Day Eight

My word for today is FAMILY.
Before I give my thoughts on family, I would like to recap my first week of prayer flags.
I started the flags to commemorate a year of changes. Traditionally, prayers flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength and wisdom. Tibetans believe the prayers and mantras displayed on the flags will be blown by the wind to spread good will and compassion into all pervading spaces. As such, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all.
My purpose for the flags and the choice of words is so I can review and concentrate on what is important to me.
The size and materials used to make the flags all have some significance to me. I choose 31 words to concentrate on. Really can't say why I choose the words I did , but...
The words for the first week were:
Peace
Harmony
Abundance
Gratitude
Mindfulness
Trust
Intention

Now for my thoughts on family. We all have them. Sometimes we are happy about that, sometimes not. We can't control who our family is or what they do. Do we have different expectations for family members than we do for our friends and acquaintances?
Wouldn't it be nice if all family members got along and supported each other?
Maybe we are supposed to be with the people who challenge us. Perhaps by dealing with the issues that might arise in a family is how we grow and mature. What happens if we don't deal with the issues that arise?
Families can make us or break us.

Ciao for now,
Peggy

PS.
The photo on the banner was taken at one of my dad's family gatherings. I have no idea what was going on, but this photo always cracks me up. They got together frequently and knew how to have fun.


 The first week of flags.


Comments