Prayer Flags Day Nineteen

My word for the day is HOSPITALITY.
Here is one definition I found:
kindness to visitors: friendly, welcoming, and generous treatment offered to guests or strangers

I was thinking that my slant on hospitality would be strictly from a personal perspective, but I think with things that are in the news right now, it might have a broader meaning.
I like to entertain. I like having dinner parties. I like to have house guests.
Some of my best memories with friends is getting together in the early afternoon, setting up a big table in the living room, cooking together and then sitting down to enjoy good food, wine and conversation (and maybe a cigar or two) until early the next morning. Our group included folks from around the world. It didn't make any difference whose place we gathered at, we always had a great time. I think it was because we all had similar ideas on hospitality. We had a few other things in common, but...
Do we, as families provide hospitality?
Do we, as a country provide hospitality?
Are we friendly to strangers? Do we offer assistance? If we see someone that looks lost, do we offer directions?
How would the world (or just your world) change if you were a bit more hospitable?

Ciao for now.
Peggy


Comments