We're Back!!!

I can't believe it has been almost a year since our last post. It has been a crazy year. Actually, it has been a crazy few years. I am back and ready to get going.
So far, this year has brought a lot of changes. I was trying to think of a way to commemorate the changes so far and to set up for the rest of the year. Since I like to challenge myself, I thought what better way than to do a prayer flag every day for the month of July. I also thought I would incorporate a blog post on what each flag means to me.
I choose to upcycle some linen pants to make the base for the flags. Each flag will have a theme or word that I feel I need to explore or reflect on. I am going to choose my theme or word in the morning and give myself one hour to complete my flag. I am going to post a photo of my flag and what it means to me each day in July. I am looking forward to clearing my mind and making room for creativity.
Here is my first post:
My choice for the first flag is Peace. Why peace? What is peace? How do you know when you have it? Can it be achieved?
The last few years have been spent caught up in other people's drama. With some people the drama never goes away, but I am choosing to step away. There is so much that I have learned and never want to experience again.
I celebrated a milestone birthday this year. Time flies!
Peace.....inner peace. Know when to get involved (rarely) and know when to step away.
Peace.....get and remain healthy.
Peace.....remove the fluff and irritants from my life.
Peace....keep the faith, study, get in involved.
I am sure after I post this I will continue to think on "peace" but those thoughts will be left to journaling.

Ciao for now,
Peggy

Comments