Project Redesign Week Two

Yes, I know, Project Runway just had week six. What can I say? I am always torn between travel and creating. I usually take projects with me when I am on the road, but for some reason I get flack when I want to bring my sewing room with me.
So, here is the week two Project Runway winner:
If you want to find out more about the winner or see the other designs, check out www.projectrunway.com. You can also watch past episodes, see the designers portfolios and a lot of other things.

I am beginning to question my statement on only using what I already have in my stash. It is really making me think outside the box, which I guess is not a bad thing, but... When I am looking for materials to use in my redesigns I am going for an interpretation based on the design and the judges comments to help me determine the direction to go.
My choice for the redesign this week was a denim dress. I attempted to get the color out, but was unsuccessful so I ended up with a light blue denim. I removed the sleeves and added silk bias tape to the arm hole. I then attached pink polka dot lace to the front and back. I attached a couple of different novelty yarns over the lace and topped it with a black and white polka dot pleated ribbon. Yes, all from my stash. I have a small sewing room, but lots of "stuff".  I have been sewing and collecting for 50 plus years . When I rerrange things in my sewing room it is like being a kid on Christmas morning as I always find something I forgot I had.
After looking at the dress on the dress form, I decided to cut the lace and to make some slits in the bodice.
Here is what I ended up with:



What do you think?
I am off to get week three done.
Please don't forget to buy local and from small businesses and artists.
Ciao for now,
Peggy

Comments