Project Redesign Week Three

I trust the folks in Canada and the US had an awesome Labor Day.
I had fun "laboring" (actually, not a labor since I love doing  it!) on my week three Project Runway redesign.
Here is the winning look:

I have to admit, this was a challenge. I have a lot of "stash". but nothing that resembles the trim on this dress.
What to do?
Here are the materials I ended up using:








The white sweater dress had a deep raglan sleeve that I removed. I shaped the bodice to resemble the Project Runway look.
I used a gold metallic sweater and  a dark copper metallic sweater scrap to recreate the metal trim.
Here is my final creation:
Front

Back
What do you think?
I am off to get week four done. I am determined to get caught up this week.
Don't forget to check out Project Runway on Thursday nights. You can also check them out at www.projectrunway.com.
Please consider buying local, from small businesses, and from independent artists.
Ciao for now,
Peggy

Comments