Jamie's Coming Soon ...

Jamie Fraser, that is ... och okaaay, and that time-traveler lady too (what's her name again?)

You know who I'm talking about unless you've been under a rock or completely out of touch for the past few years!! You'll also know that Season 3 airs in 4 days and counting down.
If you're a fan (read Addict) of this Book-series-cum-TV-series like we decidedly are, let us know in comments below. We wanna know your deepest fantasies thoughts ... go ahead, they're for our ears only.
To greet Season 3 in proper Chic Chix style, we've decided to carry some Outlander-inspired limited edition items in our Etsy boutique.  Beginning this week and continuing through to the end of this new season's episodes we'll be introducing our new designs. Here's a small sneak peek of a few goodies to come which will be ready to ship and / or custom order. A series of  Lover's Eye articles either with You Know Who's peepers or your secret or not-so-secret hearthrob's .. why not a furbaby? Penannular Brooches (these held kilt plaids in place on shoulder) in copper or brass, embellished or not. Crochet articles, Jewelry designs inspired from the 18th century ....

















I (Al) must admit that since I've been back in the U.S. this year I've read devoured the following books while patiently waiting for my fave guy-in-a-kilt to come back onscreen. In chronological order... Book 2 (re-read); Book 3 (re-read, Season 3 about this one); The Scottish Prisoner; Seven Stones to Stand or Fall. And just finished last night Book 4 (re-read). Sounds like I don't do anything else but read huh? Wrong! Needless to say I've been f.o.r.c.i.n.g  myself to only read once I'm tucked into bed around 10:30 or 11p.m. after helping Mom get ready for bed, and then abandon my book around midnight -1 a.m. so as to get some shut-eye.
All this reading has given me some great inspiration and here below is one experiment that went awry.
Front
Back




















I tried to solder a pin-back to one of the trays I'm using for the Lover's Eyes so I put some cut solder pieces down, arranged everything, heated it all up with my micro-torch and Voila! the cup tray started melting right before my eyes. The bail and pin back stayed almost intact but the tray became a beautiful metallic colored blob so I'll probably use it in a future piece. And I discovered that the silver plated pin back can be torched to bring out the copper. Isn't there a proverb about mistakes and inventions?
A.

Comments