Project My Way Episode Three and Five

Greetings all,
I have said it before and will say it again, I Love Project Runway! 
I know that what we see on the screen is not always what really happens, but unless the designers are given designs and someone to sew their garments, they have to have tremendous pressure on them. I am not sure I could stand up to the demand to design and complete a garment in the short time frame that they appear to have. Hats off to all the folks who make the cut to appear on Project Runway.
Sometimes my Project My Way designs come together quickly. Sometimes, as in the case of my Episode Three redo, it takes me way too long to get things done. Maybe I need to sequester myself? Hubby could shove food under my workroom door. Something to ponder.
At last here is my Episode Three redo.
First the winning design:

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Brandon's designs. They are not relevant for me. With that being said, when he wins I feel the need to reinterpret his design. This is my redesign for Episode Three:
I settled on an upholstery fabric for the coat and an off-white lace and taupe twill fabric for the dress. Despite a certificate in dress design, I tend to use commercial patters. I would love to drape again, but timing is always an issue.
I combined these three patterns and tweaked them a bit. 
I eliminated the flounce then added length to the dress pattern . Since I have made the commitment to use fabric and items that I already have, I choose the twill to line the lace. If making this again, I would choose a silk for the lining.


The body of the coat was cut from the other dress pattern. I added sleeves from the coat pattern. Instead of lining the coat I choose to bind the seams (confession here, I bought bias tape).
I need (yes NEED) to go to the Skechers outlet nearby and pick up these booties.


Before Alysen and I started talking about jewelry for this design, I had decided I would wear this during High Holy Days (tradition is to wear white or a light color). Alysen suggested a kippa to coordinate with the outfit. I am loving this piece! If you are interested in your own custom made kippa (or any wire work), convo Al on Etsy at www.esty.com/chicchixnchampagne.
I will probably go with silver jewelry.

I have previously posted my redo for Episode Four.
Here is the winning look for Episode Five. It is another win for Brandon Kee.

I like this previously made upcycled garment to represent my redo for Episode Five. It is a halter dress fashioned from two silk neckties (unusual to find two matching ties!) and a broomstick skirt.
I found a short denim jacket in my stash. The "Eye of Ra" pendant/brooch, shown above by Alysen is my jewelry pick for this outfit. My choice of footwear would be a black suede bootie




Here is the winning design for Episode Six and my choice of fabric. I'm still working on the design details.
Thanks for checking in. Please feel free to comment and share. You can contact Alysen or myself at 3chicchix@gmail.com.
Ciao for now,
Peggy



Comments