Project My Way Episodes Three and Four




I usually have a plan for a project. Sometimes a plan with very narrow margins. But, I have to say I love it when “the plan” goes in a different direction than I had envisioned.
This year’s Project My Way is flowing this path. I started out with the thought that my remakes would have to start with a thrift garment and that it probably wouldn't be something I would wear in real life. My episode one dress I wore to a function on this past Wednesday.
 I am planning my episode three redo around a function I will be attending later this month. I am a bit behind in my projects, but here is a preview of my materials:


Alysen is working on a special item to coordinate with this project. I am looking forward to finishing and revealing my final project. Please check back soon.

For episode Four, I am going to offer up a finished item. I love this slip dress and think it accurately, represents the challenge. Is this cheating?




For this item, I started with a bias cut white silk slip (from Dharma Trading Co.). I hand dyed it and added designs with stencil and metallic fabric paint.


So far, on this season of Project Runway, I have agreed with the judges choices for elimination. I would imagine that just being on Project Runway would go a long way to promoting your career. Is it better to have folks with established design business or would it be more fun to see amateurs presenting their designs?
To add to my fun last week, a friend gifted me with her no longer loved fabric. I am looking forward to seeing what will become of my new stash.
Ciao for now,
Peggy

Comments