Musings from California


Greetings from California,
How time flies! An overused, but accurate phrase. It has been a bit since I have been here. I am always amazed on how easy it is for me to get pulled away from my calendar. Is it creative option or total lack of discipline? Anyway....
I have been busy, just not on completing my “Project My Way” garments. They are on the calendar for next week, again.
My oldest granddaughter is very creative. While she works with a lot of materials, she has yet to sit still long enough to learn how to sew. That hasn’t stopped her from drawing designs that I am commissioned to bring to life. This is the case with her Halloween costume. This year she wanted to be a “Cheshire fox”. Her sketch of the proposed final product is above.
An added challenge to her costume is that she was not available for fitting or consultation.
These are the patterns and materials I choose.


I have a love/hate relation with faux fur. It is a pain to work with (flying fur, special cutting and sewing methods), but fun to wear.
Here is Isabelle in her costume. Her school allows them to wear costumes to school, but they cannot wear masks so we attached the mask to a dowel.


My husband (an artist) drew the tail pattern for me and completed the mask.

I was in charge of a costume for Isabelle’s little brother (7 months old). This beanie pattern just cracks me up, so Caleb was a lumber jack.




After I packed and shipped the kids costumes, I got started on a gift for my nephew’s fiancĂ©’s bridal shower, his and hers aprons.

With the bridal shower comes a wedding. I have a problem finding outfits and accessories that match my vision for special events. I am still trying to decide if it a blessing or a curse that I am crafty. I get a vision and then not much stops me from bringing it to life. Frustrating, but a fun challenge. So, until I get my dress and hat finished for the wedding, I will not get my “Project” redos done.

Stay tuned for wedding outfit updates and project outfits.

Ciao for now,
Peggy



Comments