Ssshh! Secret Spoonflower Project

For a few years, I've been thinking about using my Mom's Chinese Brush Paintings and Watercolors in some kind of printed project. And now, since I'm here helping with her care, I have easy access to her designs and had a Light Bulb moment! I'm not saying here what I'm producing or who for (see title?). Never know who'll be reading this 😉. But I picked through her finished paintings and samples and am now putting them together in image editing. Expanding my graphics experience is a happy and gratifying by-product since I quit that world BC (before computers :))
So I used this cool collage app as you can see on the pix to show some snippets of the paintings I chose for my project. Above are some of her Chinese Brush Paintings on Rice Paper and her Chinese Signature. These are currently installed either in windows or enclosed in glass like suncatchers and I had to use 'artistic methods' to get pix or scan. Doesn't she do beautiful, awesome work?
In this collage above, the first 2 images happen to be one of my favorite works of Mom's. But they are wrapped and glued securely around a famous oat cereal box and I couldn't get them loose to photograph flat!! Boy, they were a bugger to photograph and I've spent MANY many hours image editing. I don't mind saying that it is testing my patience. Fortunately... my cause is good and I have lots of patience. Frequent breaks, you tube tutorials, yelling and of course Chocolate all help me get through my sometimes day-long sessions!! Yes, jewelry making is taking a back seat for the next week ... at the least.
The tulips above and these flowers are some of her (hundreds) of Watercolor samples she's done to test colors and methods and which she hadn't yet used in a final painting before she ceased to paint last November due to an operation, subsequent stroke and recuperation (that's why I'm here in the States). The good news is that almost a year later she's dabbling a bit in her paints again despite her chronic hip pain and has started working on a new watercolor painting for one of the Hospice Care gals that comes in.  

Remember, Mum's the word (I know, punny)! But you can still comment or share to your heart's desire.
Al



Comments