Design Challenge Reveal #1 (SJ Designs)

Remember last post when I talked about TWO design challenges that I wanted to do this month? Here's 1/2 ...  SJ Designs' Honey Do Challenge May 2018 reveal date was May 21 (I was thinking May 31!), so I scurried to put the finishing touches on my entry. 
Finished Pendant
Each month, Sarajo's husband gives her inspiration based on a photo and she's kind enough to include anyone who wants to join in. May's photo shows some mountains/hills and his description:

'Sj and I took a whistle-stop tour of the Denver/Boulder area this spring and visited the Garden Of The Gods while there. I loved the textures and variance of the types of stone in the area and thought it would be fun to use one of these shots for this month's challenge.  And go!'

I glommed on to the word Textures and decided to use a Capuccino Agate rectangular stone bead that I've had in my stash awhile. I chose one with a pattern that reminds me of the sun's rays and designed the wirework around that. 
Almost Finished!
Stone on Stone ...






I used Copper and Silver-Filled Wire and Moondust Czech Glass beads on the tiara-twist 'rays'. 

They (the rays) looked too straight & orderly for my taste so I decided to add more texture by zig-zagging them. 
And now I LOVE it though I completely forgot to get a before pic. 


Please head on over to Sarajo's blog if you're curious to see what she and others have done. Scroll down once there to see lnks. Waiting anxiously for June's Honey-Do Challenge.

P.S. Design Challenge Reveal #2 (Art Elements,Tide Pools) is May 31!! Ack, that's tomorrow!! And if my experiments go as planned, I'll have three projects for that one!!

Create Your Happiness,
A.

Comments

  1. Wow! Your wire wrapping on that pendant is really cool and the stone is perfect for the inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us. Check back on June 1st to see what Eric has in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stone and wire are good choices for this challenge, celebrating the rough part of nature. Great wire wrapping and the rays are a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I love the fringy bits. I'm also interested to know what glommed means!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment