May Design Challenge (s)?

The new Design Challenge for May has been announced over on the Art Elements blog and I was actually stumped for an idea or two (thank you kindly Leslie Watt) when I first read it. But after ruminating for a few hours I came up with some do-able .. maybe .. we shall see ... projects.
Can you guess the subject from the glimpse below?

tumblr_o6ab7tPbwf1s4uwt4o1_1280
Image from Art Elements Blog
If you guessed TIDE POOLS (ROCK POOLS in Brit English) you're absolutely correct!! So now I have about 7 or 8 different ideas clanging around up there and even thought of some new techniques I'd like to try. A couple of hints: sheet copper, soft solder . OK, now the lip is zipped 🤐.
I feel a little 'lazy' for having done only one project for each of the past challenges so I'm going to try to step it up and get at least two done. Whether or not said techniques will cooperate with this zealousness is another story! I'll do an update here and on social media about halfway through the month and you can call me out (really!) if you think I'm not fulfilling the dream.

Oh, one more thing. Notice how I put an (s) on Challenge in the title up there? Another one of the guest artists at Art Elements, Sarajo, has a challenge on her blog that sounds too interesting to pass up.
From Sarajo's Blog
Hmm, I hope it doesn't become a challenge to keep up with these ... challenges.
See ya in a few, Al

Comments

  1. Multiple challenges, multiple projects, looks like you're quite busy and stepping it up several notches this month! :) I can't wait to see what you create. I don't have ideas for the tide pool one yet, but even if I end up with nothing to show and skip the challenge (hope not), I'll still want to have a peek here. :) Have fun with the making!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment