Welcome 2019 ➽ Time to Learn a New Craft

I've been inspired by many blog & facebook posts since we've started the New Year. Most of them are about destashing & streamlining and I totally would do all that, IF I were at home. Two entertaining posts are Lesley's and Jen's , both Art Elements members.

I suppose you could call this a Goal post (pun intended), but it truly didn't start out as a goal, just a kind of  'Hmm, this could be an interesting craft to learn, maybe next year' sort of thought.

Remember the December White Challenge Reveal Post? I made a White Raven leather feather and I wasn't really happy with the thickness of the leather for what I had originally planned to make with it. I had ordered a small sample pack of leather and was oblivious to the weight (thickness) of the white piece. Tho I have decided to make a necklace with it, it's now on the back burner for a couple of weeks.
During my different queries about how to fix this, do that & what if, I learned a few things (YES, I really did) and decided to use leather as my medium for the January challenge, whatever the theme.

When the theme was announced end December, I had a definite idea of my project but the leather pieces still not thick enough to do the project in mind soooo I decided to try my hand at tooling leather. Which means a minimum of supplies: veg tanned leather and some tools for cutting, stamping & refining.

Oh, the AE Theme Challenge for January is MOON. I finally received the long-awaited swivel knife and today I'm going to start this project! Here's a sneak peak .....

The reveal date will be January 31 and I will be blogging about that right here, plus posting sneak peeks on Instagram (chicchixco) and perhaps facebook. Follow any of our social media accounts to be in the know.
Al
 .../\„,„/\
..( =';'= )
.../*♥♥*\
..(.|.|..|.|.)

Comments

  1. Oh fun! I can't wait to see what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hope, check out IG to see a sneak peak that I posted today. Either https://www.instagram.com/chicchixco/ or
    https://www.instagram.com/aly.chap.gerv/
    sometimes I post on one or both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment