Design Challenge Reveal and a Blog Hop!

It's finally here! The long-awaited Reveal and Blog 🐰 Hop! In my last post I mentioned a Design Challenge on the Art Elements blog. So, it's been almost a month now....
This is my first participation and virgin blog hop (see? ole' cats can learn something new 😼), so how about showing some support and click on the blog links at the very end of this post to see how each artist interpreted the Nests theme. Comments are much appreciated too.

Upon learning of the Nest theme chosen by Cathy Spivey Mendola, I immediately envisioned a technique I wanted to use and which has been in my Inspiration file for awhile, where each wave nests into another. Executing said technique proved a little more difficult. Wire size ratio to carrier size, what size to 'gizmo'. (If you don't know that highly technical jewelry artist term, just google it).

So after a few experiments I settled on square Bare Copper wire for the waves and round wire to hold them together. Smoky Quartz gemstone rounds are woven into each end and a hand-forged hook closure finishes off the Bracelet. Next came an LOS dip and light sanding to bring out the peaks and valleys of always awesome copper wire.
After Liver of Sulphur dip

Clasp side of Bracelet
I'm excited and curious to see what the other artists designed, aren't you?.Just click on each name below to see each designer's oeuvre d'art. Methinks I'll be doing the next Monthly Design Challenge, and I know more than a few Creative Souls (yes ... You!) who should do the same.

Happy Hopping,
Alysen

Guest Participants-
Alysen (that's me ya know)

AE team members-



Comments

  1. I love the wore work in your bracelet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really love the design of this bracelet! The wavy wires make a perfect nest around your wrist.
    Thanks for playing along with this theme. Now that you've done your first blog hop please continue to check our blog for new theme design challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a gorgeous bracelet. I love copper wire in general, and the organic look to your design is enhanced with the LOS treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the concept, and your execution is just brilliant! For a few moments, I was just having fun following the wires. :) I like the focus on textures from the LOS treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a fantastic design for a cuff bracelet. I have never seen this design before in my life. Its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'a beautiful design, I think the angles of the square wire really set off the curves. Look forward to seeing more of your work in future hops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you fellow artists for the kind words :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool bracelet! I love wire work and am always impressed by it (especially since I never ever can find the patience for it myself!). Thank you for joining our theme challenges and I hope you will join us also in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bracelet! I really like square wire and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! I love wire work and this piece is very unique. Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting technique! I've never seen it before, is it your own design? That wavy look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Bairozan .. no, it's not my own design. Inspiration came from Claire MacDonald, a guest designer on Jewellery Maker.com. I just adapted and simplified it somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a really lovely bracelet, and beautifully polished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done and welcome! To both blog hops and AE in particular. Your bracelet rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for playing along with us! I love the nesting waves - a wire project like this would definitely be a struggle for me, but your execution is perfect and organic. I love the smoky quartz too - it has such a nice warm cast to its color, it is a perfect pairing with the copper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the undulations of your bracelet and that you took an abstract approach to theme. Welcome to the Art Elements world of challenges and blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a super cool design! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome interpretation of Nests!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment